International Women’s Day is celebrated on March 8 every year to acknowledge and honour the achievements of women all over the world.
To honour the day, the Artists’ Network Gallery is calling on all women members and non-members to submit work to the IWD 2020 Group Show celebrating the voices and aesthetics of women artists. Open to all who identify as women, working in painting, photography, mixed media, textiles, sculpture, and ceramics.
Guerrilla Girls, Dearest Art Collector, 1986
Anda Kubis – Guest Juror
Anda Kubis is a recognized Canadian abstract painter. She works in expanded digital and large scale oil painting. As and artist and educator, Anda is committed to aesthetics and creativity as they positively impact human flourishing and quality of life.
Anda Kubis has been a committed art educator since 1992 – having taught painting, drawing, and contemporary issues at York University and the University of Lethbridge. In 2000, she began her career at OCAD University. She has held administrative roles as the Chair of the Drawing and Painting Program (2009-2013), and Associate Dean, Outreach and Innovation in the Faculty of Art (2014-17). As Associate Professor at OCADU, she teaches upper level undergraduate and graduate students, in Toronto and abroad, specializing in studio teaching and seminar courses devoted to questioning the impact of new technologies upon how we live and express cultural ideas.
To learn more about Anda and her work visit AndaKubis.com
Submission Deadline: Sunday, February 16th, 2020.
Selected artists will be notified on or before Thursday, February 20th, 2020.
I.W.D. Group Exhibition: February 25th to March 15th, 2020.
- Members: up to 3 artworks $35.00 + HST, $39.55 total.*
- Non-Members: up to 3 artworks $50.00 + HST, $56.50 total.*
*Submission fee is non-refundable. As this is a juried show, not all submissions will be accepted.
Commission: 20% on all sold work with proceeds going to Nellie’s Shelter.
Opening reception: Thursday, March 5th, 2020 6-9pm
Artwork Drop-Off: Monday, February 24th, 2020
Artwork Pick-Up: Monday, March 16th, 2020
Please click here for detailed hanging requirements, failure to adhere to these practices can result in your work being omitted from the show.
All art must be suitable for installation:
- Completely dry, set, cured, fixed, or protected.
- Label on the back with title, artist, price, size, medium, year.
- Secure d-ring hanging attachments affixed 1 1/2″ below the top edge of the work, wired.
- Sculpture, glass, or 3D work requires you supply stands to mount it on.
- This form can not be saved. It must be completed and sent.
- * Required fields. If left blank, an error message will appear when you click
- If you do not have a website or social contacts, please type N/A in the field.
- Image files must be titled in the following format, failure to do so may result in a forfeited submission. LASTNAME_FIRSTNAME_TITLE.jpg
If you have any problems with this submission process, email or call the gallery at 416 465-0302.
5. Pay the submission fee
- This fee is not refunded, it underwrites our overhead to review each submission.
- Select the appropriate BUY NOW button below. These take you to PayPal where you can pay via your account or credit card. Please remember to do this after clicking Submit as you can not save the form-field data.
- Paypal will email your receipt of payment.
$35.00 + HST, $39.55 total.
$50.00 + HST, $56.50 total.