2020 Call for Submissions – Artists’ Network / Leslie Grove Gallery
The Artists’ Network / Leslie Grove Gallery is located in the vibrant neighbourhood of Lesileville is the perfect venue for hosting your next art exhibition. We offer 635 square feet of space as well as a moveable display module that allows you to customize your exhibit. The gallery is steps away from other art galleries, boutiques, restaurants and cafes that draw many visitors to the area, especially on weekends.
Submission is a 3-step process:
- Please read all information below on exhibiting at Artists’ Network Gallery.
- Fill in the submission form accessed at the bottom of this page, send it to us, and then pay the submission fee.
- After review and jurying we will send a PayPal invoice for the total exhibition cost as described below.
Rental Fee (3 weeks)*: Members $1600, non-members $2000, + HST, and includes:
- Gallery rental. Installation and takedown occur on Tuesdays and Mondays, respectively. (Alternate arrangements can be made.)
- Gallery attendant during regular opening hours. Wed-Sun 12-5pm
- Facilitation of show planning, installation and takedown. Artist is responsible for all preparation and hanging of work.
- Exhibition catalogue template, postcard template and wall label template, as well as guidance on printing services (the artist is responsible for printing).
- On-premises exhibition posters.
- Shared guest/e-mail sign-up for the duration of the show.
- One evening event and one weekend event set up. (Dates to be confirmed upon acceptance.)
- Artists’ Network does not charge commission on artwork sales, however, a 5% processing fee will be applied to artwork sold through the gallery.
- Promotional Package: $200 value. Our communications and marketing team will actively promote your exhibition via the following channels*:
- Emails to our community and members lists.
- Submission to all relevent free event listings.
- Inclusion in Artists’ Network paid event listings.
- Listing on gallery Homepage, Upcoming and Past Events pages.
- A co-hosted Facebook event through the Leslie Grove Gallery Facebook pages.
- Promotional posts through the Leslie Grove Gallery and Artists’ Network social media platforms
- Two weeks paid Facebook promotion for the exhibition and related events.
*Priority will be given to 3 week exhibitions. Fees for 1 and 2 week exhibitions include everything listed above and are as follows:
1 Week: Members $800, non-members $950, + HST
2 Week: Members $1150, non-members $1350, + HST
Optional Licenced Opening*: $400, + HST including:
- Special Ocassion Permit
- Smartserve Bartender for 4hrs.
- $100 credit toward wine and/or beer, additional amounts can be purchased at cost.
- Light snacks, charcuterie, fresh vegetable tray, fruit tray, sweet tray and sparkling water
- Disposable glasses, tableware etc, as required.
*Should the opening not be facilitated through the gallery, the consumption of alcoholic beverages will NOT be permitted.
Group exhibition: The majority of the group must be members of the Artists’ Network to qualify for the member’s rate, members are responsible for coordination within the group.
Non-members: We welcome submissions from all artists. You are encouraged to join the Artists’ Network and you will automatically receive the member’s exhibition cost.
Events: Artist talks and/or demonstrations are welcome. Additional fees may apply for events scheduled outside regular gallery hours.
Gallery hours: Artists’ Network / Leslie Grove Gallery is located inside the Leslie Grove Field House at 1158 Queen St. E. Artists may attend during all hours listed.
|Gallery Hours||Suggested Event Times||Artist Attendance|
|Wednesday||12 – 5|
|Thursday||12 – 5||Reception 6-9pm|
|Friday||12 – 5|
|Saturday||12 – 5||Artist Talk 2-4pm|
|Sunday||12 – 5||Artist Talk 2-4pm|
Accessibility: The gallery and washrooms are fully accessible.
Jury: We jury all submissions for acceptable content and quality of original fine art only. We use an anonymous artistic criteria scoring system and multiple different jurors to minimize bias.
What happens next: After jurying a gallery coordinator will communicate with you on all details to plan your exhibition.
Art policy: Leslie Grove Gallery exhibits original fine art only.
We are committed to always act with fairness, honesty, integrity and openness; respect the opinions of others and treat all with equality and dignity without regard to gender, race, colour, creed, ancestry, place of origin, political beliefs, religion, marital status, disability, age, or sexual orientation. We expect the same from our artist members. We will not tolerate any abusive or threatening behaviour towards any member of our team. Refusal to comply with this policy may result in an artist being asked to withdraw from an exhibition immediately with no refund.
If you are considering exhibiting with us please click here for more detailed information.
2020/2021 Gallery Programming Calendar
Please note that exact dates are to be confirmed, this calendar is to approximate availability. Please specify your top three choices in your submission.
|January||Reserved||Gallery Group Show|
|February||Reserved||Gallery Group Show|
|March||Reserved||Gallery Group Show|
|June||Reserved||Gallery Group Show|
|June 30 – July 20||Available|
|July 21- August 10||Available|
|November||Reserved||Gallery Group Show|
|December||Reserved||Gallery Group Show|
|Mar 2021||Reserved||Gallery Group Show|
|May 2021||Available||Reserved for Contact Participant|
|June 2021||Reserved||Gallery Group Show|